Smart Growth principles are a critical part of our development. Here's how they support our community. Civita will…
- Create a Range of Housing Opportunities and Choices for people of all income levels, an integral component in any smart growth strategy.
- Create Walkable Neighborhoods that are desirable places to live, work, learn, worship and play, thereby promoting community collaboration.
- Foster a Strong Sense of Place that encourages the community to craft a vision that supports the overall values and feelings of belonging.
- Incorporate Mixed Land Uses, seen as a critical component of achieving enhanced living environments.
- Preserve Open Space and Critical Environmental Areas by bolstering local economies, improving residents' quality of life, and guiding new growth into existing communities.
- Provide a Variety of Transportation Choices for community residents, shoppers, businesses and surrounding communities, viewed as a primary goal of smart growth.
- Strengthen Connections with Existing Communities already served by infrastructure by utilizing the assets of existing neighborhoods, and conserving open space and irreplaceable natural resources.
- Integrate Technology and innovative Building Materials into every part of the community, which over time, will increase connectivity, help reduce waste and preserve resources.